Celebrating a New Kitchen with Salmon and Friends
One of Normandy Designer Chris Ebert’s recent clients insisted he join them for a dinner in their newly remodeled kitchen, and Chris was delighted to join. They had a fabulous dinner, and Chris had the rare pleasure to truly enjoy a space he helped create. “The key in this space was to warm it up with neutral, earthy tones and incorporate the added storage the homeowners desired,” says Chris, “It was a great project and such a privilege to be able to join them for dinner.” The dinner was so good, that Chris wanted to share the fabulous salmon recipe!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 6 Salmon fillets (with skin) about 6 ounces each and 1 inch thick
To make the marinade:
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients until smooth (you can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge).
- Place the salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag and pour in all but 1/3 cup of marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, refrigerate for at least 15 to 30 minutes (homeowners opted to do longer – all afternoon).
- Remove the fillets from the bag and discard the marinate. Grill the fillets, skin side down, over High Heat until opaque throughout. 10-15 minutes During the last 2 minutes of grilling time, brush fillets with the 1/3 cup reserved marinade. Slide a spatula between the skin and fillet and transfer the fillets to serving plates. Serve warm.
- The skin is very difficult to cut, so you will need a very sharp knife or kitchen scissors. Also, this marinade could certainly be cut down.
This was such a gracious gesture made by the clients, and another reminder of how lucky we are at Normandy to be able to work with such great people all over the Chicagoland area! If you’d like to start your next remodeling project with Chris, schedule a complimentary, in-home consultation with him today!
Read more like this: Chris Ebert, kitchen remodeling, salmon recipe, salmon recipe grilled