Seven Bathroom Remodeling Trends for 2016
Similar to the fashion industry, design trends tend to change year-over-year. This is especially true as color combinations shift, technology improves and innovative new products hit the market. Because there is so much to consider, we’ve consulted our award-winning design team on where kitchen and bathroom designs are heading in 2016. If looking to remodel your bathroom, here is what’s trending as well as a few items that continue to stand the test of time.
1. A Luxurious Shower Experience –Custom, high-end showers can be tailored to your every need. This includes benches, body sprays that are customized to your height, rain and hand held shower heads as well as the capability to generate steam.
2. Low Maintenance Materials – Thanks to modern technology, engineered stone and porcelain tile are able to closely mimic natural stone. This means you can get the look of a natural stone like marble or soapstone without having to do the required maintenance. Plus, there’s an added level of durability.
3. Square Components – As homeowners opt for a more contemporary look, squareshaped shower heads, sinks and fixtures are growing in popularity. Overall, they provide a sleek, high-end and modern aesthetic.
4. Free Standing Bathtubs – If owners are incorporating a bathtub, many are choosing a free standing soaking tub instead of an integrated tub with a surround. Free standing bathtubs provide and elegant, spa-like aesthetic and make for a great focal point in the space.
5. Storage innovations – Pull outs and organizers aren’t just for kitchens anymore. Vanities now include pull out hampers, trash cans and organizers. Designers are also working in cubby space for storing towels and toiletries.
6. High-Tech Upgrades – Electronic devices are taking hold. This includes digital valves that allow you to control water temperature, lighting and steam with the touch of a button. Shower heads have also progressed, with built-in speakers and blue tooth capabilities that enhance the ‘singing in the shower’ experience.
7. Open Shelving – Your bathroom can benefit from open shelving. In fact, it is a great way to keep things like towels organized and within reach.
Still looking for more bathroom trends and insights? Join us tomorrow for our free bathroom remodeling seminar “Pursuing the Perfect Bathroom Suite.” Or, set up an in-home consultation with a Normandy Designer to discuss current trends you can incorporate in your space. You can also follow Normandy Remodeling on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for insights and updates as the year unfolds.
Read more like this: 2016 bathroom trends, bathroom technology, bathroom trends, design trends, master bathroom, master bathroom ideas, open shelving bathroom